Friday, August 24, 2007

ITS A BATTY SITUATION



Okay who put the live bat on my porch steps ----just kidding

This brown bat greeted me when i return home from errands this afternoon.
i thought what am i going to do and then i remembered i had a back door came and laid Sarah down (she slept through the whole thing)
and of course i went to get the camera to take pictures i finally got brave enough and took a snap shot so now i had to decide how i was going to get the bat off the porch steps before the kids got off the bus and all of a sudden the animal patrol truck came down the street so i waved him down and told him i had a bat on my porch steps MY HERO he was so kind and allowed me to take several more pictures and then took him to the country and set him free.. so here are the rest of the pictures
by the way i still get a little freaked out.. since he animal patrol guy said he probably fell out of the tree and we have two tree right front of our porch and i keep expecting another one to fall on me.. so i am weird whats new..
I still cant figure out how to arrange the pictures with the story can any one help me Please...
Silly me and i thought i would have nothing to blog about... hey does anyone know what blog means

Coming soon --First day of School day Pictures





Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chambers said...

Pattie, Thanks so much for dinner tonight. It was fun getting to know your family better. Also, I love seeing these bat pics to accompany the story.
Melanie

Melody said...

What an adventure. How crazy that the animal control guy just happened to drive by just at that very time! I think I would be freaked out too if I thought bats were falling from the trees!!
Is Melanie (above) the girl that moved into our house? I need to ask her a question.

Jill said...

How scary bats give me the creeps.

rebecca said...

OOOO!!! I am so glad I have never come in contact with a bat yet!!! I don't know that I wouldv'e handled it as well as you!!!

TerriLyn said...

Freaky. I've never had to deal with bats before but I hear they can carrie rabies and other diseases. I'm so glad that the animal control man was there to rescue you. Crazy story!!