Monday, September 17, 2007

Current Happenings..

A NOTE OF THANKS...
I appreciate all the comments on my last post..Thanks for all the support.. as i was writing that post i truly thought that i would receive comments telling me to get my act together..but i found it to be different and i really appreciate all the hugs..and if you happen to visit my post PLEASE leave a comment it just thrills me to receive comments its like chatting with you and i love to chat and its been fun viewing everyones blog

I WANT MY....STV
Due to financial situations (and not to mention buying a trumpet for band) we got rid of our Satellite TV talk about withdraws oh my goodness... we have had the satellite for along time and yes its sometimes nice to have something mindless to do.. okay maybe not sometimes but all the time.

Oooh THE JOYS OF SCHOOL ....NOT its that time of the year when kids bring home more than their backpacks..you got it the Flu i mean its okay if they get it i can handle that its when Mom gets it thanks for sharing Not.. Here is an example of what happens at my house when i get the flu everybody thinks that snuggling with me will help me get better just a note here when i am sick i don't want to be bothered in any shape or form Next it does me no good to go to bed because i get the Jeremy hit me or dad is being mean so i just lay on the couch and try to block it out and a plug for my hubby he tried so hard to let me rest its the kids i tell you oh well its just part of being a mom... my heart goes out to Matthew who became ill yesterday when i was sick and all he wanted me to do is snuggle with him remember i am not the snugglie type when ill poor guy..

NEW CALLING.. I just accepted a call to teach sunbeams i am looking forward to hearing the sweet sharing/singing time maybe that is just what i need to help me to feel the sweet spirit that is in Primary.

ONE LAST THING....Sarah is having a hard time with preschool its mostly the separation which is why i put her in preschool in the first place..i have been sitting with her at circle time and when its free time i leave when she has wondered off do do an activity... i hate to just drop and leave her as i feel that would cause more stress and i want this to be something she looks forward to and enjoy... What to do .... any feed back would be great

6 comments:

Jill said...

Sunbeams are my favorite! Sorry to hear about getting sick, your satellite, and preschool. I think she will get use to it with time and learn to love it.

Melody said...

Bummer that you have been sick!! I'm the same, I just want to be left alone when I am sick.
We went two years without TV and I know it's so nice to have, but you can make it without. I think I got a lot more done before we got TV.
Avise about Sarah... none here... I just wish you luck. I did read onetime that it's best to make sure to say goodbye to your child so they don't feel abandoned. Also, it said that you should tell your child how long you are going to be gone. If you are going to be one minute, tell them one minute. If you tell them it's going to be one hour, try to be back in just a little less than one hour. After a while they will begin to trust that you will always be gone as long as you tell them you will be and they will feel more comfortable with you leaving. (Just what I read).
Good luck.
Sorry you're sick!

valerie said...

Ahhh the joys of school. It took just 2 weeks for my kids to bring back a virus from school. Sorry to hear some of your family is not feeling so well. I know how you feel about the dish. We got rid of ours too when we moved to MI. We do get about 6 channels out here unlike Kirksville where you only get 1. That has made going through withdrawl a little easier.
Sarah is such a cute little girl. I hope things get better with her going to preschool. My 2 boys had a very hard time leaving mom. I just make sure I tell them how long I will be gone and make sure they know I'm coming back to get them and that they will have fun when I am gone. I'm sure you've tried all this and it still doesn't work. But really I think it just takes time for kids to get use to not being with mom all the time.

Shuldberg said...

we have been lucky so far...no sickness, YET! I am not anticipating the day day when it starts. It was great talking to you at wal mart the other day.

The Posse said...

That's the question I eternally ask myself. Am I just trying to get out of my responsibilities by blaming a fictional ailment? I think it's important to look at yourself honestly and evaluate your life--- not just since kids, but all your life. Think about what you are like-- have you always been lazy, unmotivated, etc? Have you just had tendencies in that direction? Or is this something that has come with the exhausting territory of motherhood? For me, I see that the tendencies have always been there. So I know that a good part of it is really my own laziness. But I know that some is quite possibly being exacerbated by depression. I have other symptoms of depression as well-- without getting terribly specific, my body has changed in other ways as well. I would suggest (if you haven't already) either going to see a counselor or finding one of those online quizzes that tell you if you should see one. It was refreshing to hear that I'm not just a lazy slacker, but I do have at least a small excuse for my behavior.

I'm glad you believe in faeries.
I hate doing the acquaintance thing, too. There are so many amazing people, especially here, that really are worth getting to know well!

Katherine said...

Pattie, you're such a great friend to so many people and you just brighten up people's lives with how friendly and talkative you are. I'm glad that you and I have gotten to know each other better and that we live closer now. You are wonderful!